Designed to give you a deeper understanding of our products and systems, Rondo Skills Training Level 2 is a free hands-on intermediate course that takes your training to the next level.
What to expect
On completing Rondo Skills 2, all participants will be able to:
- Install an EXANGLE® P01 bead using compound
- Install a DUO® P01 Exposed Ceiling System
- Install a Steel Stud small partition wall with a window
- Install a KEY-LOCK® Suspended Ceiling System
- 'Square' a room
- Understand system modules
- Understand Load Carrying Capacities
- Install a light
- Understand common terminology and the advantages of each system
- Understand which tools are used by contractors and why.
Who should attend
- SKILLS 1 participants who require more practical experience working with Rondo systems
- Sales Representatives who are already familiar with some Rondo products, but not all
- Apprentices who work with plasterboard or metal systems
What others have said
"The hands on element was superb. We were able to install the DUO & KEY-LOCK systems ourselves"
"Learnt a lot and also refreshed some previous training"
"Interactive display of the Rondo diagrams were good. Responses to questions were excellent"
"Hands on was professionally delivered. Plus a few well delivered jokes"
Meet our Product Trainer – Dominic Gillespie
Dominic started off as a labourer in the construction industry, working in various roles until he decided to study engineering. His broad skill set has been developed through his heavy involvement in the construction industry, over the past 15 years. For 9 years he was primarily focused in light gauge steel, spending 2 years as a designer, 1 year as research and development engineer and 6 years heading up a research and development team.
Dominic has been the lead designer on large government jobs, designing houses in 3 different continents, commercial offices in the US, and military bases in the middle east. He has designed everything from the structures of a building, to the screw layouts of plasterboard.
Having been on the National Board and National Technical Committee of NASH (National Association of Steelframed Housing), Dominic is highly proficient in the light gauged steel sector of construction. NASH writes standards for the steel framing industry, which are referenced in the national construction code.
He has previously taught classes for steel framing in both TAFE and tech colleges, this role included showing carpentry apprentices the advantages of light gauge steel and how easy it is to work with, as well as a pathway for students to steel framing.
Being Rondos’ new Product and Training manager, Dominic’s extensive career in the steel industry and experience in the education industry is a highly beneficial combination.
For more information regarding SKILLS 2 for Intermediate, speak with your Rondo Sales Representative or register your interest here.