Rondo Skills 3 is a mostly theory-based Product Training Program aimed at users requiring an advanced knowledge of Rondo products.
What to expect
On completing Rondo Skills 3 for Advanced, all participants will be able to:
- Read span and load tables for Rondo ceiling applications, KEY-LOCK Concealed Suspended Ceiling System and DUO Exposed Grid Ceiling System
- Read wall height tables for Rondo Steel Stud & Track installations
- Read design charts for MAXIframe® External Wall Framing Systems, including calculations of the maximum achievable window openings
- Determine Steel Wall construction requirements, including noggings and deflection head tracks
- Understand how sloped ceiling and bulkheads are constructed
- Interpret system requirements from architectural drawings
Who should attend
- SKILLS 2 participants who require an even greater technical knowledge of working with Rondo systems
- Senior Sales Representatives who are already familiar with all Rondo products
Meet our Product Trainer – Dominic Gillespie
Dominic started off as a labourer in the construction industry, working in various roles until he decided to study engineering. His broad skill set has been developed through his heavy involvement in the construction industry, over the past 15 years. For 9 years he was primarily focused in light gauge steel, spending 2 years as a designer, 1 year as research and development engineer and 6 years heading up a research and development team.
Dominic has been the lead designer on large government jobs, designing houses in 3 different continents, commercial offices in the US, and military bases in the middle east. He has designed everything from the structures of a building, to the screw layouts of plasterboard.
Having been on the National Board and National Technical Committee of NASH (National Association of Steelframed Housing), Dominic is highly proficient in the light gauged steel sector of construction. NASH writes standards for the steel framing industry, which are referenced in the national construction code.
He has previously taught classes for steel framing in both TAFE and tech colleges, this role included showing carpentry apprentices the advantages of light gauge steel and how easy it is to work with, as well as a pathway for students to steel framing.
Being Rondos’ new Product and Training manager, Dominic’s extensive career in the steel industry and experience in the education industry is a highly beneficial combination.
For more information regarding SKILLS 3 for Advanced, speak with your Rondo Sales Representative or register your interest here.