SKILLS PRODUCT TRAINING
Register to Attend Skills Training
Rondo’s primary purpose is to provide our customers with the industry leading systems, complimented with outstanding customer service.
There are three levels to the program and is structured to create more value to customers, by focusing on the key specifics of the products while maintaining the hands on element.
The training covers the features, benefits and the technical aspects of the Rondo product range which includes; Ceiling Systems, Wall Systems, Finished Sections, Access Panels, and Seismic Solutions.
RONDO SKILLS ONLINE - Product Training
Rondo's Learning Online platform is free resource to all our Distributors, Contractors, Builders and Students, and will help you learn everything you need to know to understand Rondo systems and their application.
On completion of Rondo Learning Online, you will be able to;
- Detail the features and benefits of each Rondo system
- Explain the basic installation process and typical application of each system
- Offer helpful solutions in response to common customer enquiries
- Know what information can be sourced from Rondo’s literature range and website
To pass the module, you will need to correctly answer a quiz at the end of the training, and those who succeed in doing this will be acknowledged with their own Rondo Certificate. Those who don’t pass have no need to worry as the Rondo Learning Online modules can be completed as many times as necessary to achieve a basic product understanding.
Register for Rondo Skills Online
RONDO SKILLS 2: FOR INTERMEDIATE
Designed to give you a deeper understanding of our products and systems, Rondo Skills Training Level 2 is a free hands-on intermediate course that takes your training to the next level.
On completion Rondo Skills 2, you will be able to;
- Install an EXANGLE® P01 bead using compound
- Install a DUO® P01 Exposed Ceiling System
- Install a Steel Stud small partition wall with a window
- Install a KEY-LOCK® Suspended Ceiling System
- 'Square' a room
- Understand system modules
- Understand Load Carrying Capacities
- Install a light
- Understand common terminology and the advantages of each system
- Understand which tools are used by contractors and why.
Who Should Attend?
SKILLS 1 participants who require more practical experience working with Rondo systems, Sales Representatives who are already familiar with some Rondo products, but not all Apprentices who work with plasterboard or metal systems.
RONDO SKILLS 3: FOR ADVANCED
Rondo Skills 3 is a mostly theory-based Product Training Program aimed at users requiring an advanced knowledge of Rondo products.
On completion Rondo Skills 3, you will be able to;
- Read span and load tables for Rondo ceiling applications, KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System and DUO® Exposed Grid Ceiling System
- Read wall height tables for Rondo Steel Stud & Track installations
- Read design charts for MAXIframe® External Wall Framing Systems, including calculations of the maximum achievable window openings
- Determine Steel Wall construction requirements, including noggings and deflection head tracks
- Understand how sloped ceiling and bulkheads are constructed
- Interpret system requirements from architectural drawings
Who Should Attend?
SKILLS 2 participants who require more technical knowledge of working with Rondo systems and Senior Sales Representatives who are already familiar with all Rondo products.
MEET OUR TRAINER DOMINIC GILLESPIE
Dominic started off as a labourer in the construction industry, working in various roles until he decided to study engineering. His broad skill set has been developed through his heavy involvement in the construction industry, over the past 15 years. For 9 years he was primarily focused in light gauge steel, spending 2 years as a designer, 1 year as research and development engineer and 6 years heading up a research and development team.
Dominic has been the lead designer on large government jobs, designing houses in 3 different continents, commercial offices in the US, and military bases in the middle east. He has designed everything from the structures of a building, to the screw layouts of plasterboard.
Having been on the National Board and National Technical Committee of NASH (National Association of Steel framed Housing), Dominic is highly proficient in the light gauged steel sector of construction. NASH writes standards for the steel framing industry, which are referenced in the national construction code.
He has previously taught classes for steel framing in both TAFE and tech colleges, this role included showing carpentry apprentices the advantages of light gauge steel and how easy it is to work with, as well as a pathway for students to steel framing.
Being Rondos’ new Product and Training manager, Dominic’s extensive career in the steel industry and experience in the education industry is a highly beneficial combination.