KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System
Our KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System is designed to produce a high-quality structure for a flush or featured finish to your plasterboard ceiling.
You can direct-fix or fully suspend your KEY-LOCK concealed ceiling system; if you're looking for a direct-fix ceiling solution click the "direct-fix ceiling" tab above
When you require a suspension depth of more than 200mm, a fully suspended KEY-LOCK® ceiling system is the way to go. Its our most popular and superior ceiling system as it is available for fire-rated, bulkhead, seismic and acoustic designs, as well as having the strength to hold multiple layers of plasterboard.
The ceiling grid system enables the mixing of primary (Top Cross Rail) and secondary components (Furring Channel) in order to increase spans and suspension fixing points and maximise structural design.
The components within the system have been specially designed so that they simply snap into sections, without mechanical tools being required. This offers Contractors an easy to install ceiling system and speeds up time on site.
Top Cross Rail and Furring Channel sections have rolled edges to make them safer to handle and with our state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, we can also produce these profiles in custom lengths or radiusses for vaulted and curved ceilings.
Our KEY-LOCK® Ceiling System can also be installed with our Acoustic Mounts to improve airborne sound and impact sound transmitted between floors, which is particularly important in multi-residential projects.
Our Technical Team can also provide seismic design solutions using our KEY-LOCK Ceiling System which have been tested to meet Australian and New Zealand building codes in order to resist lateral forces during an earthquake and limit the structural damage of the system so that the building can remain operational.
WHAT YOU'LL LIKE ABOUT OUR KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM
- Furring Channels and Top Cross Rails are available in radiusses for curved ceilings
- Furring Channels, Ceiling Battens and Top Cross Rails can be ordered in special lengths
- It's able to be engineered designed for external ceiling use, e.g. Soffits
- Base Material is engineered from G2 BlueScope Steel for strength and reliability
- Rondo range of ceilings can interlock with each other in the same ceiling area, providing specialised ceilings after partitioning
- It allows easy, economical and true bulkhead corner ceiling finishes to be achieved by using furring channel along with concealed support clips and fixings
WHAT IS THE KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM SUITABLE FOR?
- Flush plasterboard ceilings
- Direct Fix or Fully Suspended ceiling applications
- Suspended Ceilings for internal applications
- Fire Rated Ceiling System Applications
- Curved Ceiling Systems using pre-curved furring channel and top cross rail
- Raked and Cantilevered Ceilings
- Bulkheads as an architectural feature or concealing services
- Wall Framing for masonry walls - battening out irregular walls or providing a cavity for cables and plumbing
- Suspended Ceilings for External Applications
- Acoustic Ceiling Design available
- Seismic Ceiling Design available
PROJECTS THAT HAVE BENEFITED FROM THE USE OF OUR KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM
Since it's intial introduction over 50 years ago, the Rondo KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System has seen it's use around the world in some remarkable projects from the Setia City Mall in Malaysia, to Australia’s largest tertiary institution, RMIT University in Melbourne.
Specialised KEY-LOCK Ceiling Systems have also been designed and produced, including those with a specific radius to produce vaulted ceilings or curved ceilings, such as in the Pod Pavilion in Malaysia, the Aquatic Centre in Adelaide, as well as the famous "sky ceilings" at Venetian Casino in Macau.
DIRECT FIX CEILING SYSTEM
Rondo supplies a wide range of direct fixing clips that allow you to direct fix Furring Channels or Ceiling Battens to either concrete, steel or timber ceiling structures for suspension depths of up to 200mm. If a greater suspension depth is required, you can install a Rondo suspended ceiling system.
Direct fixing clips need to be fixed along the sections in accordance with the relevant maximum span tables and our Furring Channels should be spaced as per the building board manufacturers' recommendations.
Using our metal Ceiling Battens in residential applications will cut back on the cost of call-back maintenance as they help control movement and this reduces the chance of the lining board cracking. We have a range of ceiling batten systems which are suitable for truss spacings from 600mm to 1200mm and for use in cyclonic and high wind areas.
Our Ceiling Battens and accompanying clips have been load tested to ensure they meet all relevant standard requirements and can be purchased from our Rondo Partner Network.