KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System
Our KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System is designed to produce a high-quality structure for a flush or featured finish to your plasterboard ceiling.
We have two options for this ceiling system. You can either direct-fix or fully suspend your KEY-LOCK® Concealed Ceiling System; if you're looking for a direct-fix ceiling solution click the "direct-fix ceiling" tab above
However, if it’s a suspension depth of more than 200mm you’re after, then our most popular, fully suspended KEY-LOCK® ceiling system is the way to go. Available for fire-rated, bulkhead, seismic and acoustic designs, it is strong enough to hold multiple layers of plasterboard.
Our ceiling grid system enables the mixing of primary (Top Cross Rail) and secondary components (Furring Channel) to increase spans, suspension fixing points and maximise structural design.
The components within our Rondo ceiling system have been expertly designed to simply snap into sections, without the aid of mechanical tools. This offers Contractors an easy to install ceiling system, speeding up valuable time on site.
What’s more, our innovative Top Cross Rail and Furring Channel sections have rolled edges making them safer to handle and together with our state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, we can also produce these profiles in custom lengths or radiuses for vaulted and curved ceilings.
Not only that, our KEY-LOCK® Ceiling System can be installed with our Acoustic Mounts to improve airborne sound and impact sound transmitted between floors particularly important in multi-residential projects.
Additionally, our Technical Team can provide seismic design solutions using our KEY-LOCK® Ceiling System, which have been tested to meet Australian and New Zealand building codes.
So, if you are after a ceiling system that stands the test of time and provides time saving and safety innovation features, you can’t go past our KEY-LOCK Ceiling System.
WHAT YOU'LL LIKE ABOUT OUR KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM
- Furring Channels and Top Cross Rails are available in radiuses for curved ceilings
- Furring Channels, Ceiling Battens and Top Cross Rails can be ordered in special lengths
- Able to be engineered designed for external ceiling use, e.g. Soffits
- Base Material is engineered from G2 BlueScope Steel for strength and reliability
- Rondo range of ceilings can interlock with each other in the same ceiling area, providing specialised ceilings after partitioning
- Allows easy, economical and true bulkhead corner ceiling finishes to be achieved by using furring channel along with concealed support clips and fixings
WHAT IS THE KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM SUITABLE FOR?
- Flush plasterboard ceilings
- Direct Fix or Fully Suspended ceiling applications
- Suspended Ceilings for internal applications
- Fire Rated Ceiling System Applications
- Curved Ceiling Systems using pre-curved furring channel and top cross rail
- Raked and Cantilevered Ceilings
- Bulkheads as an architectural feature or concealing services
- Wall Framing for masonry walls - battening out irregular walls or providing a cavity for cables and plumbing
- Suspended Ceilings for External Applications
- Acoustic Ceiling Design available
- Seismic Ceiling Design available
PROJECTS THAT HAVE BENEFITED FROM THE USE OF OUR KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM
Since its initial introduction over 50 years ago, the Rondo KEY-LOCK® Concealed Suspended Ceiling System has seen its use around the world in some remarkable projects from the Setia City Mall in Malaysia, to Australia’s largest tertiary institution, RMIT University in Melbourne.
Specialised KEY-LOCK Ceiling Systems have also been designed and produced, including those with a specific radius to create vaulted ceilings or curved ceilings, such as in the Pod Pavilion in Malaysia, the Aquatic Centre in Adelaide, as well as the famous "sky ceilings" at Venetian Casino in Macau.
DIRECT FIX CEILING SYSTEM
For those who need a more direct approach, Rondo supplies a wide range of direct fixing clips that allows you to direct fix Furring Channels or Ceiling Battens to either concrete, steel or timber ceiling structures for suspension depths of up to 200mm.
If you need a greater suspension depth, you can install a Rondo Key-Lock® suspended ceiling system.
Direct fixing clips need to be fixed along the sections in accordance with the relevant maximum span tables and our Furring Channels should be spaced as per the building board manufacturers' recommendations.
Advantages to our Metal Ceiling Battens
Using our metal Ceiling Battens in residential applications will cut back on the cost of call-back maintenance as they help control movement, reducing the chance of lining board cracks. We have a range of ceiling batten systems which are suitable for truss spacings from 600mm to 1200mm and for use in cyclonic and high wind areas.
Our Ceiling Battens and accompanying clips have been load tested to ensure they meet all relevant standard requirements and can be purchased from our Rondo Partner Network.
Two of our most popular clips are the 314 Direct Fixing Clip and the 390 Batten Swivel Clip.
314 Direct Fixing Clip - to accommodate the increasing use of timber “I” beams, the 314 Clip has two extra nail or screw slots lower down on the clip, with an additional holding tab to assist installation. Read more
Cleverly, the temporary holding tab is tapped into the timber beam when the clip is at the right level freeing up both your hands to secure the clip.
390 Batten Swivel Clip – with the ability to rotate 360°, the swivel clip can easily turn the ceiling batten on an angle that suits the change in roof truss direction. It also incorporates the temporary holding tab for quick and easy installation. Read more