TALL BUILDING SOLUTIONS
Design and Installation of Walls & Ceilings in Tall Buildings
As the market-leading manufacturer and supplier of wall and ceiling systems in Australia, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you design and construct your next tall building.
Do you know why you need noggings?
Noggings are required for various reasons in Tall Buildings, but most importantly, noggings provide the means for compliance to the National Construction Code (NCC).
- Noggings help achieve compliance with the NCC fire-rated walls requirements
- Noggings assist in compliance to NCC structural requirements
- Noggings prevent rotation of the wall stud which is a potential cause of noise within the wall under structural movement
- Noggings provide lateral relief to the wall linings, allowing the head track more freedom to move with the structure it is fixed to, and limits the propensity to clamp the wall studs and induce movement into the wall panels
Read more about the above reasons, plus more, in our Noggings blog
Important myths on tall buildings you must not miss
In over 50 years of business, issues associated with noise in tall buildings has never been a significant issue. Recently we have become aware of these noise issues and based on extensive research have debunked a few myths associated with them.
- Only metal framed systems make noise?
- All building noise is coming from the steel framed systems?
- I need a complicated solution to fix this problem?
- All tall buildings experience noise issues?
- Is it possible for a Steel Stud Wall System to eliminate all building noise?
Read more on important tall building myths
Design and Installation of Walls & Ceilings in Tall Buildings Manual
Our cities are getting more populated and with this comes pressure for land space... when the land isn’t available, the solution comes from vertical space – taller buildings.
As the market-leading manufacturer and supplier of wall and ceiling systems in Australia, Rondo can help you design and construct your next tall building.
This manual is intended to provide an overview of the following:
• The design requirements for wall and ceiling systems in tall buildings
• An overview of Rondo’s testing program, both in the laboratory and field
• What is a tall building?
• Recommendations for Rondo wall and ceiling systems installation